Pix.ie Privacy Statement
(Updated December 2018)
Who We Are
Our website address is: https://pix.ie (referred to as “website” or “site” in this policy document).
At Pix.ie, we are committed to your privacy rights and maintaining your trust and confidence as a visitor to this website.
We handle your data fairly, transparently and legally at all times.
We want you to know that we do not sell, rent or trade your email address with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
– what data we collect
– when we collect it
– why we collect it
– how we use it
– the limited conditions under which we may share and disclose it to others
– how we keep it secure to ensure your privacy is maintained
– your legal rights relating to it
What Data We Collect
We have several forms on our website, all of which collect different data depending on the purpose of the form.
The following outlines the various forms on our website, the data collected from each individual form submission and the purpose of the requested data:
- Order Form
- Newsletter Sign Up Form
- Contact Form
By using these forms Pix.ie may collect the following information about you:
- Your Name (including Company Name if provided)
- Your Contact details: email address and contact phone number(s)
- Your Order Details (including logo / image if provided)
- Your IP address
Your IP Address
We use your IP address to help administer our website. Your IP address is only used to gather broad demographic information about you such as your location.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a site visitor’s browser, normally used to track their movements and actions on a site.
In accordance with the GDPR, we must inform our users that we are using cookies on our site.
You may clear your browser cookies at any time. This will not adversely impact your experience of using our website.
Why We Collect Data
Each individial form indicates the specific purpose of the data submitted on that form.
Depending on the form submitted the following are the purposes for which we collect data:
Pix.ie.ie uses personal data:
- To provide a service i.e. process your order and payments related to that order
- To handle any customer service interactions including orders and payments
When We Collect Data
Each form provides clear and transparent details, at the point of collection, of exactly the data we collect and why we collect it.
We require you to provide your explicit consent, by means of a checkbox on each individual form, to our collection of the specific data prior to you submitting the form and your data.
Who We Share Your Data With
In order to carry out our service to you, we need to share your personal data with some other organisations.
These include our payment processor(s) and email processor.
Note: Pix.ie does not store any sensitive financial data on our servers.
Why We Share This Data
For the purposes of completing the payment process for your order.
For the purposes of communicating with you via our email system.
Additionally, solely for the purposes of maintaing our website, our IT service providers (hosting, webmasters) may have restricted, monitored access to your data.
What Data We Share
We provide the Payment Processors the following data:
- Your Email Address
- Your Name as provided at Checkout
- Your Company Name as provided at Checkout
- Your Order details
Your order details including any card details you have submitted.
Note: Pix.ie does not store any of your senstive payment data on our servers. All payments are processed on the servers of the respective payment processors.
How We Safeguard Your Data
Pix.ie is committed to ensuring your data is safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- Security controls which protect our website from external attack and unauthorised access.
- Data encryption: the use SSL technology on our website ensures your data is secure during transmission.
- Only individuals with Administrator level permissions can view form submissions.
How Long We Retain Your Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. and allowing for any legal or contractual obligation for us to retain it.
As a general rule, we retain data for a period of 6 years after we cease providing service.
Once the retention period has expired the data is permanently deleted.
Our Legal Basis For Processing Your Data
Pix.ie collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
– the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
– complying with our legal obligations.
Our legitimate interests
The legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Pix.ie, including:
– supplying services to our customers
– complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
– handling customer contacts, queries or complaints
– fulfilling our duties to our customers
Your Rights Regarding Your Data
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
If you submitted data on our website you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
If you submitted data on our website you can request to update and correct any out-of-date personal data we hold about you.
- The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to “be forgotten”).
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com
Your Right To Complain
You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) in respect of any processing of your data. They may be contacted by:
Phone: +353 57 8684800 or +353 76 1104800 or 1890 252 231
Post: Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois
Please note that the above rights are not always absolute and there may be some limitations.
There is no fee for exercising any of your above rights unless your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. We reserve the right to refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to verify your identity if we have reasonable doubt as to your identify. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to access it.
Other Sites And Their Privacy Policies
We may link to other external sites such as social media or payment processors.
Pix.ie is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or for the privacy policies and practices of other third parties.
This policy was last updated in December 2018.